Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
I'm going for the first time this year so can't say if it'll be any good; all indications are that it will be though. There looks to be some interesting demos, workshops and masterclasses, although I was gutted to find out that the bow-makers course had been cancelled. Anyway...its a helluva long drive there and back for me, but I'm sure that it'll be worthwhile. Come and say hello if you see me...I'll be the guy struggling with the first time tarp and hammock set-up...you'll find me in the middle of the crowd of amused onlookers ;)

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Alas, this will be the first year for a long time that I wont be able to make it - so no Field Archery set up this year in the woods.

Still, I will be in the Jungle, so it cant be bad :D

What? Am I to understand that both the bow-making AND the field archery have been cancelled? :(

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Not sure/don't think I'll be there. Shame, I've not been there since the first one. Maybe next year and with SWMBO and the kids?

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
its a good experience, but remember to take your piggy bank!

my advice is to make sure you have sufficient supplies, or deep pockets!

some of the workshops are very informative and for new bushcrafters they are great, its a good meeting place for the outdoor folk and there's lots that go, i think £75 for a couple of nights in the woods is a bit steep if you've done the workshop thing, perhaps if they changed the wrist band to another colour for those who wanted to go for the social aspect it might be more attractive to me, only my opinion.

Adam.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I'm going in a professional capacity :) I'm there with my iron age forge, table of sharp things and my sharpening set up ;)

It's great fun as an annual get together with folk from here and elsewhere for me (any many others), but it's also a great way to see the kit that various bushcraft suppliers are telling you that you need to do bushcraft ( :rolleyes: ) and to meet the instruactors from some of the bushcraft schools to to see what they offer and whether you like the people running the courses.

Podcast Bob

We're just packing up the backpackinglight van at the moment with goodies. Piles of clearance bits for people to enjoy, (and make the entrance fee worth while) plus the new rucksacks from DD and a few of their Hammock seconds and of course the ever popular Honey Stove and accessories.

I'm also bringing a prototype of the Hive, which is an upgrade idea to make the Honey into 8 sides, thus larger and support group cooking and BBQ's. So if you are a HS user, do pop along and ask to see it, as it will be For Your Eyes Only LOL!!

Fingers crossed the weather is good and some of those people over on the campsite on the hill, learn where the 'off button' is for their stereo is before 3am like last time. Noisy bas**rds.

Hope to catch a few folk for interviews to, so don't be shy in the woods!!

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
:banghead: Grumble grumble will be at home working on technology policy analysis of several European countries for a client grumble grumble :banghead:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE