Wild Camping Woodland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 27, 2009
Bournemouth
Does anyone know of anywhere in the south of England people can go wild camping and practice their bushcraft including making a wild fire? The seems to be nowhere for people to go. I am seriously thinking of buying some woodland and making it available to people... Any takers? GM

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
The Heathland around Bournemouth has more wildfires than the rest of the country. It is recommended practice that you have controlled fires.

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Yes, Hole Station adult only campsite near Okehampton, camp how you like but no noise, fires no problem and you can even buy sized logs and kindling from the owners for £6 a crate, but if you want to cut up trees, they are not into that, in fact they get very touchy about it given the fact that the woodland is such a rich habitat, so take your own staves to chop up and make stuff from or contact the owners and see what they can rustle up locally.

http://www.freewebs.com/holestationcampsite/

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
The Heathland around Bournemouth has more wildfires than the rest of the country. It is recommended practice that you have controlled fires.

That's because of all the chavs and kids setting light to it on purpose Sean, really hacks me off! It makes it really hard to find somewhere I can camp out without either getting in trouble and accused of being one of those idiots trying to burn the place up or bumping into said idiots setting fire to stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE