Whose camp?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Just for fun this one.

whilst sorting through my files I came across photographs of some respected authors on the subject wilderness living skills, and thought it might make an interesting forum quiz to post some of pictures of these men and their camps and ask:

"whose camp is this?"

We'll start with these two images:

H3.jpg

H2.jpg

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
absolutely no idea at all so won't guess, but loving the old photo's, can we have some more please?

cheers

stuart

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Not sure whose camp, I can't remember what the tent design's called but it's in Kephart's Woodcraft and Camping somewhere and the period looks about right so I'll go for Horace Kephart but probably be wrong.

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Last night I was reading HK, the Camp Fire chapter from Camping and I was thinking how nice a few more diagrams would be. That 2nd picture would fit perfectly on page 228. Has to be Kephart.:)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Well done to Sam_acw, wayland, Bravo 4, Jdlenton and especially Steve a (for not only identifiying the camps owner, but also the year the photo was taken)

The camp belongs to Horace Kephart (1862 - 1931) author of 'Camping and Woodcraft'

H1.jpg

S7433-lg.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE