Who's about in Gloucestershire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
me - abbeymead. sargey lives up in cheltenham bt probably wont catch this as they stopped reading the forums.

stoneyman - there's a luke s I chat to on trueways who lives in tuffley if you fancy a pint at the four mile one night :)

Hey Ash, I'm near Robinswood as crazydave has said. He pm'd me on trueways, so I thought I'd check it out.
A trip to the Four Mile House sounds like a good plan though.
As I've mentioned to Dave, my family own a smallish area of woodland just SW of Stroud which could really be utilised as a meeting place. Plus Dave knows a few other places nearby too.
By the way Dave, I checked out the topograph near Standish woods the other day. I've not seen anything like that before, so cheers for the heads-up.
Luke.
It would be good for us to meet up on a regular basis. None of my 'mates' have any interest in bush craft and survival, so I'm feelin like a bit of a loner! :-(

J

jinx

Hi Ash,

I live in Cheltenham and am keen to meet up locally with people. Iv'e not done much out door stuff lately, in part due to not knowing people near by with similar interests.

I will pay more attention to this forum now In antisipation of a happening!

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well this is more encouraging, perhaps a chat over a pint is in order? ;)

If Jinx is up for it we could all travel to The Four Mile House as three of you seem to be close by to this.

Luke, a very kind offer of a meeting place/woodland.

It seems we are finding similar problems, its great to be able to chat/read about bushcraft on this forum but that only fuels the need to be out and about with like minded people.

I look forward to meeting all of you sometime soon.:beerchug:

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
excellent a minimeet may be inorder july/august time if only for a chillout and practise session .

we're going to meet at the pub one night for a natter soon.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
well I can do any night next week so its up to luke as he's on permanent baby sitting duty. whats the protocol for bushcraft meets do I need a sunday times and a red carnation in my lapel as we wont be dressed for duty :)

J

jinx

Ah, b***er!

As a rule I can't do Mondays or Tuesdays As the wife normally works those nights and I have to look after the children (who alas, are too small to go drinking in the pub).

Very keen to meet any other night though.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
strange that as luke has similar issues, maybe we can get rm to do a series called bushcreche :lmao:

having my nasty holiday jabs on monday but I can try if you fancy a pint or two luke. forecast for early next week is well grotty. :(

redandshane - once we get to know eachother then maybe a midway meetup :)

J

jinx

Wednesdays, thursdays, and Sundays are normally ok for me. Fridays and Saturdays cost me brownie points with my nearest and dearest.

Jinx

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Luke / Crazydave are you still meeting up tonight?

Jinx we will have to meet up for a seperate pint unless everyone is about on the same day.

Any pub in cheltenham is fine by me, must have been in them all at one time or another.

Where is the Four Mile House?

Hey Ash and Dave. Been away on a weekend, so haven't posted..sorry. I'll be at the:-
Four Mile House
Stroud Rd
Brookthorpe
Gloucestershire
GL4 0US
at 7:30pm, wearing light jeans, black & dark grey striped polo shirt and glasses, not much hair tho!!
The pub is on the A4173 abot 2 k's outside Tuffley on the way to Stroud on the right hand side.
Hopefully I'll see you there later.
ATB
Luke.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE