Wholesale group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Slightly different approach here... this is not a group buy for any one item but I am attempting to raise enough buys to make a wholesale purchase from www.gisurplus.co.uk. In a nutshell, the minimum order value is £150 (PLUS VAT and POSTAGE!). Bear in mind, there is a limited unit order (normally 5-10) for each item, hence the group buy. I am specifically interested in the sheepskin lined wool greatcoats (cheapest I found them anywhere else is £79.99) which are £45, and the alpenflage mountain suits (look good for hunting...cheapest I could find them was a set on ebay for total of about £26, or £6.95 wholesale!). However, there are also many other goodies including russian blankets and what looks like '44 pattern mugs. If anyone is interested, post up and I'll see if it's do-able. I will then ask people to commit when I've done the maths. It will make it easiest for me if three people want a coat and a set of camo, but we'll see...

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Just a warning about the pizza-cam/alpenflage suit, the hood is designed for use with a helmet, it's massive, and the waterproofing on the legs is a plastic coating that tends to peel off

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Another thing about ordering clothing from there is you don't get size choices, it just comes and you get what you're given. However, for kit it might be good. I'll keep my eye on this and see what happens

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Thanks for the warning! Didn't even realise there was a plastic coating on them. Never mind, more than enough goodies to buy anyway. Forgot to mention the unissued Bulgarian wool great coats. £50 for five? I'd probably be up for one of them too. Hadn't seen paracord but have now....! Just to reiterate, the prices on the site do not include VAT or postage so add at least 20% - still a bargain though.

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Oh yeah, as for sizes, there's no guarantee, but I'd be happy to front the cash and sell to anyone for the break even price if their size was there...

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Ok, no problem. Just one I suppose? If people could put how many of what they want, I can work out when we've got a bundle's worth...

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Yes, all confirmed. They will deal with me subject to minimum order value. I think it might be best if people put up what they're after and how much it is (pre-VAT). Then as soon as we hit £150, i'll order it. I'll weigh in first with my wool and sheepskin coat - £45....

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Yes, all confirmed. They will deal with me subject to minimum order value. I think it might be best if people put up what they're after and how much it is (pre-VAT). Then as soon as we hit £150, i'll order it. I'll weigh in first with my wool and sheepskin coat - £45....

Put me down for two parachutes, five kilos of the paracord and a pack of the 2mx3m groundsheets.

I could use a couple of the wash bowls (but not ten of them), a couple of large .50 cal ammo boxes but not five, and I'd be pleased to get one of the French tents but I really don't want five of them, so let's see if anyone else wants to chip in.

Happy to send you a cheque whenever you've got your order together. Chutes, cord and groundsheets will post OK. If we start doing ammo boxes then we might need to sort out transport and storage arrangements, but let's see what transpires. Hope you've got plenty of space in your garage... :)

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Thanks pal, I make that £87.50 (plus VAT and delivery). Does that tally? I suggest that I get it delivered to whoever has the biggest order maybe? That will minimise postage costs... Don't mind really but just makes sense not to pay twice for postage. Appreciate that people might not want to take that on so happy to do it myself if required.... We'll see what makes up the bulk of order....

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Thanks pal, I make that £87.50 (plus VAT and delivery). Does that tally?

Agreed.

I suggest that I get it delivered to whoever has the biggest order maybe? That will minimise postage costs... Don't mind really but just makes sense not to pay twice for postage. Appreciate that people might not want to take that on so happy to do it myself if required.... We'll see what makes up the bulk of order....

That makes sense. In addition, if we do get carried away and it all ends up here, 'here' is a warehouse so temporary storage won't be a problem. :)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Ill go for a parachute (in need of repair- code Z39c) -http://www.gisurplus.co.uk/shop/product.php/1006/french-parachutes-in-need-of-repair-olive-and-white - in Olive please- can pay you either via cheque or paypal?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE