Where to find lightweight canvas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Hello,
I’m trying to find close-woven lightweight, 4.5 oz - 6 oz/sqyd cotton canvas, to be use for oilskin tarp but cannot find it. I know it exist but need your help to find it.

Thank you for taking time to help.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was looking at these the other day, thinking two could easily be stitched together and then treated, it'd make a good size tarp for £20. I've no idea what the condition is like but they look unused but sat in storage for 30 years :)

EDIT:

Just read the bit about repairs, I reckon they'd pick out decent ones if you asked. If you check out funkyprepper on youtube he gives a 10% discount code ;)

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Thanks everyone I will take a look on all but for now ESVO seem to have what I was looking for, but the other might be cheaper. :)

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Found Whaleys Bradford and they selling 7.5 oz canvas (link) cheap but not sure if the weave is thigh enough to be made water proof, the picture make it look very lose but maybe anyone have tried using it?

Thanks.

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
A little update for anyone reading / searching for the same thing. ;)
Today the mail arrived with sample from Whaleys and I agree the 7.5oz is to open for tarp.
The cotton dust sheets also arrived and have to say it was a joke. More of a net then a fabric completely useless for tarp and its intended use dust/pain covering unless folder 3-4 times..

So guess I have to order something by the meter, just have to find a cheap shipper to Sweden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE