Where to Buy Leather for Sheath's ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
As stated above I'm trying to find out of afew place's that sell 3 or 4mm Thick Black & Brown Leather, Also Some 2mm in the same colours if possible.
cheer's

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Tandy Leather

Le Prevo

Those two sites are where a lot of folks get their leather supplies from.

Bear in mind Leprevo is somewhat 'old school' so it might be best you look at their site, decide what you want then call them up to place your order

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Tandy Leather

Le Prevo

Those two sites are where a lot of folks get their leather supplies from.

Bear in mind Leprevo is somewhat 'old school' so it might be best you look at their site, decide what you want then call them up to place your order
I don't think Leprevo do phone orders. Gotta go through the manual order form filling. Or you did when I last ordered from them.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Apologies if you already know this; I don't know what leatherwork experience you've got.

You may be better buying veggie tanned un-died leather and brown and black dies. Died leather won't take embossing or carving (at least nowhere near as well and the raw stuff). You'll have far more flexibility with what you do with it if you buy it un-died.

Just my opinion of course :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
https://www.identityleathercraft.com/index.php/

Tandy used to have a UK store. Now they do not (as of 8 months ago). There is one store in Spain, all the rest are located in the USA. Maybe all the UK orders originate in Spain and therefore do not carry additional import duty.

For my money, I would rather support The Identity Store, who have a site in Derbyshire that you can visit and make purchases from, and they regularly take their wares to the country fairs, and Knives UK show.
https://www.identityleathercraft.com/index.php/events/

Second the comment on veg tanned, and dye. You can wet mould the veg tanned stuff. All you can do with the full dyed stuff is fold and sew. Much less versatile.

Reactions: norfolknun

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
+1 for Identity especially if you want to buy less than a whole shoulder.

Mind you, I just ordered something from Tandy; shipped from the states and delivered to me in two days and no more expensive than UK shipping! But I second the 'support the UK store' attitude :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Local Farm Store has enough leather for repairs and for horse tack.
If I haven't lost his phone number, I think a good source would be a saddle-maker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE