Where to buy Conibear 110 traps and other trapping gear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Where can Conibear 110 tras be found for sale within the UK? Or at a stretch Europe.. but not america.

Also, I'd like to look at other traps like Fenn and related gear aswell as snaring supplies and books. So any good shops and sources would be welcomed.

cheers

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Does B&Q still stock the twisted brass wire? Also the single strand brass wire?
If I remember correctly it was sold as stuff to use to hang up pictures? ( memory not 100%)

I used to make snares from both these. The twisted wire was easier for a newbie like me, less kinky.

( not the best idea to write 'twisted' and 'kinky' on the internet? :) )

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi

I’m not sure where you live (myself Norfolk), I buy all my trapping equipment, fens, live traps etc from my local farm supplier this includes poisons.

Good old internet is also easy to buy, never used conibears, check the BASC web site, they have a trapping guide to what traps can be used on what target species, don’t fall foul of the law.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Local gunshop for snares and possibly fen traps
Agricultural merchants will sell fen traps too. I like no.4 size

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I’ve got loads of rabbit snares that I no longer use I can take some pictures on Saturday if there of any interest?

Cheers Russ

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Teeth?

I thought traps need to be approved to be used in the UK?

I could very well be wrong but I thought there were just some requirements for traps such as no teeth as you would find in a gin trap. Never heard of individual trap type approval

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Interesting cheers

any spring trap which is equivalent in all relevant respects to a spring trap of a type and make specified in any entry in Column 1 of the Schedule.

That bit does it for me.
Conibear traps are the equivalent of a fen trap in all relevant aspects as far as I can see

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Conibear traps are the equivalent of a fen trap in all relevant aspects as far as I can see
I would doubt it as there would be no need to list the Fenn copies, BMI traps etc.

However, I don't know much about traps so just ensure any I use are legal.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Well, if asked that would my interpretation :)

Wire frame, trigger plate, scissor action...cant see a difference myself

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE