Where have all the posts gone?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

I'm still quite new to the site so forgive what might be a dumb question -
When I logged into the site earlier today and clicked on Forum, 'new posts' I was able to view numerous posts dating back a few days.

After viewing some of the new posts I submitted a new one of my own in the relevant forum.

After logging out and then later returning and logging back in to check for responses to my post I could only view about half a dozen of the latest posts made today only?
I hadn't altered any settings.
I've had a quick look in FAQ's but can't see the issue covered.

This has occurred a few times previously and I've logged out and back in but the problem persists until I log in again a day or so later?

Any ideas please?

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Anyone that knows better feel free to correct but as I understand it it's when the new posts section refreshes. There should be an option when there's nothing else there to view last 24 hours of posts though

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It's because "new posts" are the posts that were made since you last logged off ;)

Or refreshed by hitting the new post button which is usually about an hour :)

A couple forums I visit have a section which reads 'The posts below do not have any new posts but do have posts you've yet to read' which I for one would like to see on here

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aaaaaaah - that makes sense bikething,

So am I correct in stating that the only way to (re) view those earlier posts is to go into each (relevant) forum?

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Aaaaaaah - that makes sense bikething,

So am I correct in stating that the only way to (re) view those earlier posts is to go into each (relevant) forum?
That's one way..

or you could go into "advanced search" at the right of the title bar...

Make sure you're on the "search multiple content types" tab

leave all the "search in" boxes unticked, leave the "search for " fields blank

Then in "Additional options" choose the date range you want, say "a week ago" plus "and newer"

and set "sort results by" to "date" and "in descending order"

it should pull up all the posts made in the last week with the latest at the top - it just doesn't look as pretty as the "new posts" button :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE