Where do old Makers threads go ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was just having a scan for a knife I bought on here a few years ago and noticed the Makers threads are purged after a few weeks. Why is that, is it to keep disk space down on the server or is it to save the makers getting requests for sold gear ?

Just curious :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Have you used the advanced search?

Under 'Search Options' is 'Find Posts from' and below that are two clickable boxes. The left hand should say ' Any Date' and the right 'and Newer'. If you click on the arrow on the right hand side of 'and Newer' it will give you the choice of 'and Older' - that's the choice you want.
It will also help if you select 'makers market' in the bottom right of the screen - other than that you just do your normal search.

Hope that makes some semblance of sense and helps.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
ive noticed that the out and about section you can only browse back about 4 pages of threads yet there are thousands of threads in there, so to find what you want you have to use the search... perhaps a related issue ?

Stoo.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Where do old Makers threads go ?

Well. sit down son, this ain't easy to tell ya, but there comes a time in a makers threads life when it, well sort just feels the need to go away, move on if ya like...Some say they go to a better place and I kinda like that... :D

Nag.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Go into:
User CP

Click on:
Edit Options

Scroll to:
Thread Display Options

In this section is:
Default Thread Age Cut Off

Choose how far back you want to go ;) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE