Where can I my Gore Tex fixed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Hi Folks,
The Zip has given up on me gortex, and it has a couple of small tears in it.
Anyone know a good repairer i can send it to ?
Little else wrong with it and I can't stretch to the £200 for a new one .
Cheers guys
Rich :wave:

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Its made by Sprayway or is it sparayaway no i'm sure its sprayway.
PJs stuff in the classifieds is all blue. Patanagonia kit is well renowned though.
Rich

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
some of the militry repair kits (aka housewife kit) come with Gortex patches and glue

the zip is more tricky though, the zip could be replaced by anyone handy with a sewing machine but it would also need to be taped if the sewing passes to the outside of the jacket

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Yeh the local Tailors are pretty good, but its just a different ballgame to what they are used to. Just thought somebody might know someone handy at this sort of thing. Sprayway it is then.
Thanks
Rich

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Erm, it is getting on.... They are certainly not obliged to fix it or anything.
Its a good jacket, the kind you zip a fleece into as a lining. Kinda mountaineering layer system stuff. I bought it nearly 10 years ago and mollycoddled it for at least 5 before it really started to get used. Did me proud in Canada at -30
Cheers
Rich

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Can highly recommend TUNDRA, they fix all the kit for Berghaus, did a great job on my bergens and at a good price.

Brian

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The gore tex jackets are normally stitched together in panels, and the manufacturer will replace the entire panel. [My north face mountain jacket get ripped a few years ago on a ski-ing trip, cost £25 to repair.]
But after much fishing around, I found a good place, [Who've just repaired a rip on the sleeve of my goose down jacket.]
I know that a lot of the manufacturers send their damaged products [returned from cutomers] to this company.

MAINTAIN. OUTDOOR CLOTHING AND REPAIR.
Unit1-13 Harker Industrial Estate.
Harker.
CARLISLE.
Cumbria
CA6 4DS.

tel: 01228 674410.

:wink: :mrgreen:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE