whats in your pipe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
as the title says, what brand/blend do you smoke in your pipes? Ive got a pipe ordered,so i went to the tobacconists to get some cleaners and baccy pipe tool etc. I also brought a corn cob pipe to try out packing the pipe and smoking it. I brought an ounce of clan and half ounce of columbian coffee.

Im really happy with how it went, parked by a lake and relaxed with a pipe of clan. Never got tongue bite etc. Then i tried a bit of them mixed after lunch, that was really nice.
Ive just smoked a pipe of the columbian coffee after tea. Again agreeable, so Im looking for some inspiration as to what to try next.

The biggest bonus is i haven't smoked a cigarette or inhaled any crap into my lungs all day.

So what's in your pipe? of

most the time it's sweet killarny by Peterson's
although I also have a back up of peterson's holiday blends 2011 and 2012 but they are special smokes rather that day to day.
also got some Peterson's special reserve 2012
I prefer aromatics to clan or st Bruno
I should imagine sasquatch will appear here at some point as he is my pipe padwan :)
there are a couple of websites where you can buy small sampler packs to test before you commit to a big tins worth.
the tins are really handy for all kinds a things too

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Just out of curiosity is smoking a pipe actually less harmful (for yourself and others) than smoking cigarettes?

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Just out of curiosity is smoking a pipe actually less harmful (for yourself and others) than smoking cigarettes?

Well you dont inhale, so its got to be better hasn't it? I haven't gone this long without a cigarette in 15 years. That has to be good surely. Lol

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I like the classic old man English blends, if i'm going aromatic then Peterson is always a good choice. I get samples from www.smoke-king.com, it's a great way to try all sorts of 5g samples and find out what floats your boat. Warrior plug, dunhill 965 and many Peterson blends seem to be my top choices. Enjoy your new hobby

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
I like the classic old man English blends, if i'm going aromatic then Peterson is always a good choice. I get samples from www.smoke-king.com, it's a great way to try all sorts of 5g samples and find out what floats your boat. Warrior plug, dunhill 965 and many Peterson blends seem to be my top choices. Enjoy your new hobby

Thanks for that mate. Is plug and flake a myther to prep?

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Might be smoke-king.Co.uk, can't remember. Great service though. Plug is labour intensive compared to flake but it's all part of the fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE