What's in your hip flask?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
Getting all my kit ready for a long weekend hanging in the Galloway Forest next weekend and I came to a conundrum!

What to put in the hip flask to keep the cold out on a night! :)

My choices are either

Taliska 10 year old (got the bottle from the distillery when we went to sky for my 30th last year!

Or

Quarter cask Laphroaig

Or if I really wanted to mix it up there is the 3L of 3 year old slow gin in the shed!

Hmmmm decisions decisions!

Got me wondering what others like in theirs?

Cheers

LB

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
From those choices, I'd go with the Talisker. I love Islay malts but Laphroaig is my least favourite. Had it been a Caol Ila....but it isn't. So Talisker - Skye is a nice place after all!

Sloe gin for at home I think :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well the sugar in the sloe gin will give you a wee energy kick - purely a bushcraft survival aid that of course. Nowt to do with enjoyment.:rolleyes:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
70% white Rum. Pure wobbly juice that makes you forget your breathing in more midge than air.

I'd go with Talisker too out of those two if I was on Malt.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Why restrict yourself yourself? take all 3 ;)

I favour Talisker or Highland park, or something I have produced myself :beerchug:

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
For my week away from Sunday I will have dimples and port.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
Usually Tesco Armagnac, but my hip flask appears to have gone on a journey without me, so I'm currently trawling Amazon....

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
My hipflask does actually contain Talisker 10yo at the minute so I'd go with that :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE