Whats happening?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've been finding the site slow or difficult to load for the past few days. I recon Tony is doing some deep and complicated computery stuff. Though we're bound to benefit from it in the near future.

Thanx Tony

Ogri the trog

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Just letting Tony etc know that the site was doing it again today about the time I posted this and for 45 minutes or so before hand :(
Thought I'd let you know in case it's not something you're doing and there's a problem. (It's taken about 25 minutes to access this thread and post this :eek: )

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
site has been a pain all evening :( Page cannot be displayed a lot of the time, or just very very slow.

I actually had to get out my chair and resort to practising some skills - oh the shame of it :lmao:

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
There seems to be a huge amount of packet loss along the line (broken router somewhere?), causing everything to be excruciatingly slow. Tony, have you talked to the hosting company?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It would seem that someone has been having a go with D.O.S attacks (|Denial of service) on the site, this lead to the slow down.

All I can think of is that some person/s have an issue that they're not happy to sit and chat about but would rather try the underhand route ;)

We're sorting it out and we've informed the authorities so all should be well.

On a seperate note, the upgrade to the forum that has been talked about for a while will take place in the near future which will lead to some down time so don't panic!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE