What's going on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a don,t like this set up much !! what were wrong with the old one ??

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Guys, your such a patient bunch :D It's a necessary upgrade to the most secure version of the software and it also has the CMS we're going to use to get all the content back up. It's going to look like this for a little while, there's little i can do about that until some of the coding gets sorted and we have time to sort out the skin, it's likely to happen after the next software update that should be soon.

It will feel like bcuk again, don't worry :headbang:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Guys, your such a patient bunch :D It's a necessary upgrade to the most secure version of the software and it also has the CMS we're going to use to get all the content back up. It's going to look like this for a little while, there's little i can do about that until some of the coding gets sorted and we have time to sort out the skin, it's likely to happen after the next software update that should be soon.

It will feel like bcuk again, don't worry :headbang:

I don't care Tony, just as long as it's up and it's not my PC on the blink :headbang:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I dont like it much either i have found myself logging on to BB less and less because i dont find it as user friendly as the older version of BCUK

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I dont like it much either i have found myself logging on to BB less and less because i dont find it as user friendly as the older version of BCUK

Hopefully it won't be up as long as it is over on BB. I've gotten used to it, but I don't like it much.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
innit funny how people dont like change or is it like just an old thing regards dave

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Hopefully it won't be up as long as it is over on BB. I've gotten used to it, but I don't like it much.

Unfortunately, home skinning of the forums isn't an option, it's far too complex now (unless you have an absurd amount of free time or are exceptionally gifted) and the rules change with every new vB update. I would imagine it will stabilise out in time, but I think we are talking many months before they have it at the point where it's as user friendly as the old forums. It is the way forward though. VBulletin are committed to this software and the old version will go down the pan sooner or later. There are a few better skins coming onto the commercial market, but they are pretty poor quality right now. All the really clever developers are waiting for the platform to stabilise before committing time and effort into rendering complex skins for it.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
innit funny how people dont like change or is it like just an old thing regards dave

No, change is good. You just become comfortable knowing where things are. It's like coming home and finding someone has come in and rearranged all the stuff and rooms in your house.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Unfortunately, home skinning of the forums isn't an option, it's far too complex now (unless you have an absurd amount of free time or are exceptionally gifted) and the rules change with every new vB update. I would imagine it will stabilise out in time, but I think we are talking many months before they have it at the point where it's as user friendly as the old forums. It is the way forward though. VBulletin are committed to this software and the old version will go down the pan sooner or later. There are a few better skins coming onto the commercial market, but they are pretty poor quality right now. All the really clever developers are waiting for the platform to stabilise before committing time and effort into rendering complex skins for it.

Cool, I can live with it. Going back to the old BB now would feel just as weird as having a new one, and as I'm committed to both forums in the long term, it can only be a good thing.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
dosent look or feel as good on here somehow & only the graphics have changed...weird...hope it goes back too the way it was before...atb allan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE