What sort of nutter are you?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What sort of personality are you?

• ESTP

Votes: 21 4.8%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • ESFJ

• ENTP

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • ENFP

• ENFJ

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • ISTP

Votes: 75 17.1%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 57 13.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 23 5.2%
  • INTP

Votes: 69 15.7%
  • INTJ

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • INFP

Votes: 32 7.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 19 4.3%

• Total voters

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
It takes a particular sort of person to enjoy the basic outdoor world as we do. But what sort of person is that? I would like to find out by asking you to do a quick online psychological test and then voting in the poll the personality type you think you are.

The test is at:-

http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

Having answered the 4 questions you get a 4 letter summary at the bottom

For instance when I do tests like this I come out as an "INTP" or Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving.

There are 16 possible types according to this type of testing. Some types are more common than others. I wonder if we may have quite a different scatter of results from the average population.

There are no right or wrong answers.

The more people try the test the more clear will be the overall results I should think.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Very interesting.

I am an INTP (fully MBTI-ed) and my 2 colleagues in our outdoor education company are both INTP too - one was a flyfishing and wilderness guide in remote British Columbia for many years and the other nutter a hunter and outdoor boy in NZ.

All of us are keen on bushcraft in one form or another

Only our sole lady colleague is an ENSP!

EdS

unable to answer it as I'll seem to have the characteristics of 50% of each of teh options. Have no definate natural feel for either option for each question - could equal tick any box.

Oh dear. Just goes to should that these psymetric test are a wase of time. We've had them at work and I just answer as they are looking for.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I voted ISTP but I'm actually an I/ESTP as both aspects of the first question are vital and equal parts of my character. As for the others it was pretty clear cut.
Now the interesting question. Were we attracted to the outdoors/bushcraft because of these personality traits or have they developed with our appreciation and understanding of the wilderness, and the methods and perceptions best suited to the environment?

Gailainne

Life Member
EdS said:
unable to answer it as I'll seem to have the characteristics of 50% of each of teh options. Have no definate natural feel for either option for each question - could equal tick any box.

I did answer ISTP but had the same problem at least one answer in each section, the other type fitted me better. Shrug its just a bit of fun, I'd hate to be profiled for real..who knows what would turn up :eek:

Should read all before I post :(

"Hmmm, could be interesting in Norway ..... ", Are you guys going on the Vildmark or WEISS courses in June ?

Stephen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE