What did you do when bcUK was down?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What did you do when bcUK went down?

• Go for a walk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharpen your knives

• Clean your kit

• Read

• Watch TV

• Keep hitting REFRESH every 2 seconds

• Total voters

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
When bcUK went down last night (Thursday, 3rd Feb), what did you do?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
"i went over to british blades and nagged tony till it was fixed "

Nice one TomTom, I didn't know I could do that (evil grinn)

Read a book on Stirling Castle and sewed a 16th century sark......drank hot chocolate and made ginger nuts :lol:

Toddy

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Toddy said:
Read a book on Stirling Castle and sewed a 16th century sark......drank hot chocolate and made ginger nuts :lol:

Toddy
That sounds so cool! :super: :-D

(btw what's a sark?)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Panicked a bit :yikes: and then resolved my self to the fact that I had to find some other way to look busy at my desk. :wink:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Visited British blades! Oh and slept, although I think Tone was up all night!! :yikes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:offtopic: sorry guys

(btw what's a sark?)[/QUOTE]

A linen shirt, in this case a ladies under chemise......well wool's a bit scratchy under a corset..... and the C16th ones are going to leave us with the original 'heaving bosoms' as we tear around the castle after schoolkids, so the linen'll be cooler I hope. I'm not a re-enactor....just that the PTB want me in appropriate costume for work; you make costumes too, though?
Toddy

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
I didnt notice either but was house sitting (full of cats and no internet!) as my mums away on holiday - lucky monkey.

But I did have a go at bow drilling and later sharpen my knives.. :eek:):

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Toddy said:
:offtopic: sorry guys

(btw what's a sark?)

A linen shirt, in this case a ladies under chemise......well wool's a bit scratchy under a corset..... and the C16th ones are going to leave us with the original 'heaving bosoms' as we tear around the castle after schoolkids, so the linen'll be cooler I hope. I'm not a re-enactor....just that the PTB want me in appropriate costume for work; you make costumes too, though?
Toddy
Aaahhh right! :super: Well it all sounds much cooler than sitting around trying to figure out how to reduce the server load (especially the ginger nuts! :eek:):) :biggthump

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Kath said:
Aaahhh right! :super: Well it all sounds much cooler than sitting around trying to figure out how to reduce the server load (especially the ginger nuts! :eek:):) :biggthump

Reckoned the less people trying to frazz up the network the better :) My sons work in sys admin and network security, so I kept out of the way for a bit.
The ginger nuts is a great recipe. The dough can be made up, put into a poly bag and taken with you when you're going out. Tear off little lumps and cook over a shovel/frying pan/hot stone and you've got biccies to go with the tea :lol: Keeps for days if it's cool, and can be made up in advance and frozen for months......time for a cuppa, I've talked me into it now, maybe dip some in chocolate??? The cinnamon ones aren't half bad either.
Toddy :cup:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE