what are you eating

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Went out on a local river last weekend and collected some cockles & mussels - first time I'd eaten cockles the biggest of which were a couple of inches across, they were proper loverly ;) . Cooked them all over the fire in butter & garlic cream cheese :rolleyes:

Yummy...

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Wild boar and apple sausage with caramelised red onion sandwich :D, cooked the sausages with some mustard mash and onion gravy last night, now having the leftover sausages in a bap, yummy yummy in my tummy :notworthy

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
loz. said:
question

Ramsons=wild garlic ?? - cause i think i have a load in the garden !

Cheers

Loz

Aiye, thats right Loz (many happy returns BTW ;)) whilst garlicky they also have a strong spring onion flavour. Nice with cheese I reckon.

Matt.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Bhod said:
Wild boar and apple sausage with caramelised red onion sandwich :D, cooked the sausages with some mustard mash and onion gravy last night, now having the leftover sausages in a bap, yummy yummy in my tummy :notworthy

I made pork and tomato sausages with mash and onion gravy last night Bhod :D

Matt.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
loz. said:
question

Ramsons=wild garlic ?? - cause i think i have a load in the garden !

Cheers

Loz

Make double sure that they are Ramsons Loz....there's a few types of Lillies that look very similar when young but are not for eating... Lilly of the Vally is one example.

Sorry if I'm teaching to suck eggs ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
bambodoggy said:
Make double sure that they are Ramsons Loz....there's a few types of Lillies that look very similar when young but are not for eating... Lilly of the Vally is one example.

Sorry if I'm teaching to suck eggs ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Indeed, but if you break or even bruise a leaf then you will know immediately by the smell right Bam?

Matt.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Fresh greenstuffs and the first nettle soup, which was pretty but a little mild. I made it creamy using the milk from ground almonds, and added some of the dried Scotch marigold petals from last Summer instead of saffron.

atb,
Toddy

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
cat tails root

mmmmmmm i know your only suppost to suck the startch but i like the fibres!

its a unique taste and very nice (in small quantities or with something)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE