Weekly(ish) Pic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
I think I'll start a thread where I upload a recent pic that I like every now and again instead of threads full pics from one day/event. I'll try and do one per week. It might force me to do more :) They may be good, they may not. I'll just be posting ones that I like. Feel free to comment in any way, shape or form, and don't be afraid to insult, degrade or ridicule me. The more I am mocked, the better I will feel when no-one comments at all :)

I'll start with my favourite pic from Friday's outing to the Simonside Hills.

EpicOrric.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
cracking idea mate, i like this kind of thread.

looks like a nice spot for a bit of lunch too mate, good photo

stuart

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
nice photo mate.
just one question, whats with the rock in the foreground with the hole in it. did it look man made? is it some neolithic toilet?

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Cheers guys.

just one question, whats with the rock in the foreground with the hole in it. did it look man made? is it some neolithic toilet?

It didn't appear to be obviously man made, though it is a possibility as there are other circular stone carvings in the surrounding area. It was the roof of what was apparently a church (but is more like a tiny shelter which would fit 2, maybe 3 people, standing up) so there could easily have been neolithic activity there.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Had the parents over for the weekend so I took them up to Kielder Castle. We got to a spot with a great view over the area so I took a few pics and mashed them together in Photoshop. Doesn't really do it justice but here you go,

Pan.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
nice idea Mark,...

first one is a good photo,...sort of depicts just what a lot of us see as a nice day out,..

2nd one is rubbish,...

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
This week I've decided to put up 2 photos :O Shocking I know, but I just like them too much to not share. Was hoping to get to Big Waters nature reserve but Sunday buses are a nightmare so ended up have a walk up Jesmond Dene and what a day for it.

IMGP1730_01.jpg

IMGP1737.jpg

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
rats! Nearly called you this morning as well, she was going to 'Living North' so I had access to 4 wheel transport & nowt much to do so would have been well up for a mooch about & a brew. I got so bored I went to the Metro Centre and started Christmas shopping!

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
I think it's been two weekends that I haven't posted any pics. Was out and about both weeks, though not very bushy. Forgot my camera the first week on a trip to a waterfall somewhere out near where the south Tyne begins apparently. It was lovely too. I did remember to bring my camera last weekend when I took the missus to Edinburgh for her birthday, awww. She said we must go back soon and I said if I'm going back to Scotland it's for some wild camping. She was quiet for a time :)

Here are 2 Edinburgh shots to make up for 2 weekends.

IMGP1888.jpg

IMGP1880.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE