weather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
there has been so much rain over the last week or so that I have been tempted to have a paddle around the garden.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not much rain round here this week, it did honk it down all day Thursday though.

Cold wind blowing through at the moment but not much else.

Elmo

Feb 25, 2010
NYC
I'm in New York City. 3 feet of snow in Feb, the highest in recorded history.

People skiing down the streets and in central Park.

Kind of fun if you dress for it.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I remember a drowned Lakeside once where we were able to take a shortcut after a paddle down a river into the lake. We were able to cut across the fields, to get back to the cars. Was amazxing being able to paddle along a footpath over the stiles and gates following the legal access footpath all the way (almost). There was even a bit over the stone steps over a drystone wall. Then wehen we got out we were able to paddle across the road and into the carpark. Was a bit funny paddling near an electrical box, wopuld have thought they'd leak but apparently they can be quite well sealed. Since then they have removed them and it is on top of scaffolding now. Seems last year's Lakes floods got them to move it.

BTW was it bad of me to want to paddle down a street in my kayak? I have always wanted to do that since I first took up kayaking. <feels ashamed>

Aug 12, 2009
Kent, England
A lot on Saturday night - I was kayaking in my back garden on Sunday!
Only just enough space to turn around though, and only about a foot and a half deep...
Great fun though!
I thoroughly recommend having a flooded garden!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE