We out to have a meet, here in Wiltshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
http://www.purton-house.co.uk/

I know these people, but Im too shy to approach about bushcraft.

anyone better at communicating like to help me?

They have a lot of open land, mixed woods and a lake there, we could offer to tidy up a bit.

and of course theres a lot of opportunity for them to sell us stuff.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well?

This is a great location and one with a lot of future potential, why is no one interested??

I live in this village, I used to buy my veggies from the people at Purton House, they seem like really nice people!

If you get something going there let me know, I might pitch up if I'm around!

W x

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Sounds like a great site, problem might be they use the woodland for cover!

copied this from their site.

10 acres of woodland which includes cover for our organic and conventional free range laying hens who supply our organic and conventional free range eggs

still i cant see them using the whole 10 acres for cover, Tengu cant you get someone to accompany you to have a word? i would come but its a fair old trip from leicester.

Adam.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
They dont.

the woods go in a circle round the lake and grounds. the chickens are only in the part ajoining the road.

Whos up to help me ask? they know me, but Im still shy and uncertain of how to explain what I want.

(Says she whos normaly confident with people and a good communicator)

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
I contacted them just after Easter, they're thinking about it. It may be time to ask again but there if we push for a quick desion it may be negative; its why I've been letting it ride. I have an individual to get back to if others think the time is right. What do you want to do?

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
As I was in Swindon today I poped in to Purton House. They’re still thinking about it (Tengo, I’ll PM you).

What I discovered is that they are having a Festival on the Farm on Sun 6 Jul. Full details at http://www.planetpursuits.com/venues.php?page=24 , seems there’ll be lots for kids. It might be an idea for some of us to support this event (no connection etc.); it would be a chance for a recce.

Hope to make it there myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE