Waterwalker film

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi All,
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Below is the checkout/postage section of an internet order I want to place with a big UK canoe company for a copy of the Bill Mason DVD "Waterwalker" to be sent to New Zealand. I know postage is getting expensive, but this takes the biscuit! :lmao:

Waterwalker - DVD - Bill Mason

1 @ £24.99
Item Total
GBP £24.99

Delivery - Courier / Our Van Carriage Charge

£1175.00
Sub Total
(incl VAT) GBP £

£1199.99
- VAT
GBP £178.72

Total
GBP £ £1021
:eek:

I think I might fly home and pick it up myself. :D
Seriously though, I'd be interested to hear what others think of this film.
Cheers,
Jamie

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
This is one of the best canoeing films EVER!
It realy captures the spirit of open canoes (for me) and is poetry in motion, despite its age, sound track etc.
Bill Mason rocks!
Well worth the money!
Not worth the postage though.....:D

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well hope its as good as you say as I just ordered it! Got it from John's link as I always prefer to order direct from people as hopefully they get a bit more money for the item.
Just hope it plays on the PS2 as I dont have a dvd player!!!!
D

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I'm a bit daft at the best of times but if you fancy the film I will find out what costs are involved in ordering it for you and sending in on to N.Z?????!!!
Just a thought.....I'm sure that link John put up would send it on for less than a grand though!!!!
D

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
It's an excellent film - the 'watch it over and over' variety. Great for a dark evening when you can't get out and paddle. Only downside is it makes you realise you want to live closer to decent rivers/lakes/woodland etc etc

Enjoy.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
well of course its going to cost that much if the poor guys gonna walk on water all the way to New Zealand!

Well, my DVD's arrived safe and sound, direct from Becky Mason in Canada.
In the end I ordered Waterwalker, Song of the Paddle, Path of the Paddle and Classic Solo Canoeing with Becky Mason. All four films are EXCELLENT and definitely make you want to get out there and explore somewhere and improve your paddling skills.
Becky is great to deal with and sent them all quickly and at a bargain postage rate! She even autographed each one for me. Highly recommended all round :D .
Cheers Folks,
J

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
That shipping quote is for Freight Delivery of something like a CANOE, not a dvd.

That one line says it all:

Delivery - Courier / Our Van Carriage Charge

Their web site Ordering program just followed the "wrong channel" when navigating the "shipping" waters. Something that can happen all too easily and often - on these "infernal machines" as well as on a river.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE