WARNING !!Dodgy Paracord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Just a bit of info.

If you're thinking of buying paracord from Soldier Of Fortune www.sofmilitary.co.uk DON'T !!
What you get is just the outer green sheath without the 7 inner strands, which makes it virtually useless for any load bearing applications like setting hammocks etc. The only thing I'll trust it for is guy ropes, lashings and perhaps the odd lanyard. Shame really coz most of their stuff is OK :-(

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
Unfortuneatly It's very difficult to find the 7 cord stuff.
I bought 100m from an actual MOD supplier, and it still came with no inner cord!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Ed said:
Send it back maddave.... explain to them that it is not paracord.... ask them if they have any of the genuine stuff ;-)

Ed

Yeah !! I think I will Ed. I actually wanted Paracord and it seems that a few companies think any man made braided cord thats a military green colour is paracord. :-(

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Just imagine ... someone could have used it for a parachute :-D :shock:
Ed said:
Well if it is advertised as paracord.... and its not..... you know your rights :)

Ed

T

theknight

Mad D

Had a chat with the men at Woodland Organics a couple of weeks ago after seeing a thread about this such topic. They were saying that they were bringing some in from abroad and will sell it in whatever lenghts you want as I too bought some 'Para Cord' and I must admit, I think I bought one hell of a long boot lace!!

Their contact address is on here somewhere but in the meantime

info@woodlandorganics.com
www.woodlandorganics.com

Hope it helps
TK

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
They'll only sell it to you if you buy a billhook too! :-D :lol:

theknight said:
Mad D

Had a chat with the men at Woodland Organics a couple of weeks ago after seeing a thread about this such topic. They were saying that they were bringing some in from abroad and will sell it in whatever lenghts you want as I too bought some 'Para Cord' and I must admit, I think I bought one hell of a long boot lace!!

T

theknight

And you think Adi007 is joking!!................ :yikes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE