Viewing Photobucket pics on mobile devices. This will help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
This is something that's been annoying me and a few others over on BB, so I thought it might be worth posting it here too. It's due to a PB update that selects linking back to the library as default.

With the old PB, when we clicked on the "IMG" link it copied the photo with html "img" tags which allowed you to paste it directly into your posts.

Now, by default, it links back to your album (il you paste the link, you will see that it starts with "url" tags with a photobucket address before the img tags.

PBHowto4.png

There is a simple work around, and the beauty is it is permanent:

PBhowto1.png

PBHowto2.png

PBHowto3.png

Now, if you go to the same image as in my first capture, you will see this:

PBHowto5.png

No more "URL' tags, so no more album openings and you can view the image via Tapatalk direct, instead of opening Safari.

Only applies to your own pics, so let's encourage everyone to do it.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks, no problem. I copy pasted it from BB.

It's particularly important for sales threads. Opening multiple photos to see the item can be a pain, particularly running on 3G, so I tend not to bother. I think if someone wants you to look at their pictures they should make it as easy as possible to do so.

Took a while to work out what was going on before realising the PB upgrade was responsible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE