View from the International Space Station at night.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Every time I see shots from space it makes me think that the earth is actually quite small, more so of the atmosphere which I've alway invisaged as being quite thick - but it seems quite thin in these photos.

Also the amount of power being used to light up vast swathes of it when the sun's on the other side - I'd like to go visit some of the places which are dark.

Nice link.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I just saw this and had to share it with you guys. Breathtaking footage and it has to be the most amazing view of the aurora that I've ever seen. Enjoy.

I'd seen it linked somewhere else last week, fantastic really, using the 'Capa's jump' theme from the film 'Sunshine' helps. :)

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Amaaaazing!

The shots of the Aurora (starting at 1:40) are fantastic! What a great angle of view. The lightning is wonderfull too and even the incredibly wastefull light cities produce has a beauty of its own.

Thanks!

Beansprout

Tenderfoot
Three things I'm drooling over in order of volume of drool:

Image quality <3 camera

Seeing the ISS in motion and all the niggly little bits we see in the edges of the photos

The earth and how many lights there are down 'ere

The Lights

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Wow, lovely. I have the ISS tracking on twitter so i get a heads up when it goes overhead. Never fails to take my breath away to think that the bright light i'm frantically waving at (well you have to :D) has folk on it (waving back, lol).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE