Very Slow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
No idea if this is just me or if others have experienced the same, but the site seems to have been very very slow at times over that past couple of days, to the point it's been quicker to exit the site and log back in sometimes, rather than waiting for page (New posts for instance) to load, now my internet is not the fastest at 5mbps, but this evening especially the site is taking forever and a day to load, but other sites i visit such as YouTube, Vimeo and some other forums are loading up as fast as they ever do, it just seems to be here where the slow speed is evident?.

Ive done the usual cleared the cache, etc etc etc ad infinitum, but it's made no difference.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
dunno then, just getting into this thread took 34 seconds, the original post i made took 16 seconds to post, tis only occurring here though, everywhere else is well, just normal:confused:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, it's not just you Kepis, I'm suffering it too :sigh:

I'll get my technical reference manuals to check out and clear things my end, but I'm going to flag this thread for Admin to have a looksee as well.

cheers,
M

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
No, it's not just you Kepis, I'm suffering it too :sigh:

I'll get my technical reference manuals to check out and clear things my end, but I'm going to flag this thread for Admin to have a looksee as well.

cheers,
M

Thanks Mary, the site is basically unusable at the moment:(

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What browser are you using Mark... it might be related to that.

I'm using Windows 7 with Google Chrome and as I said no probs at all

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
No problems here, but i am finding youtube bloody slow the last few weeks!
It might just be that you live higher than me Kep so the problem is in reverse!:p

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Sorry to say Mark that I have been off for a couple of days and modding a fair bit with no change to my usual speed - Mind you that doesn't say much when 100kbps is a good day for me.

I dream of 5mbps :)

Cheers

George

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Ok here for speed ,I do however have another prob I am using windows 8 now and my enter key don't work and its only on this site this happens ,its becoming a real pain anyone got any ideas

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
What browser are you using Mark... it might be related to that.

I'm using Windows 7 with Google Chrome and as I said no probs at all

Windows & Firefox, same set up as ive used for while, problem has only been evident for the past couple of days though

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Mark, use Chrome or Opera, Firefox is very 'bloated' these days. You've done 'disk cleanup' and a defrag recently?

I've upgraded my FTTC recently and now get around 76mb/s down so everything is pretty quick for me:cool:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Mark, use Chrome or Opera, Firefox is very 'bloated' these days. You've done 'disk cleanup' and a defrag recently?

Defrag & Cleanup all done at he same time i cleared cookies and the cache, ive also tried it with Chrome & IE (Blah cant believe i just said that) and the problem persists, dont like Opera im afraid, never have

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE