VAPALUX M320 Help and Advice.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
I was lucky enough to have had a Vapalux for Christmas, unfortunately I seem to be having problems with the mantles i.e. holes appearing after ignition. I have tried two replacement mantles but the problem is still happening.
Is there an alternative mantle I could use?
Could there be a quality issue with the Vapalux mantles?

Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Really silly question, but are you touching the mantles with the match when lighting them? They are super fragile once burnt and prepared.

ATB,
KP

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Hi KP,

No, I have been taking extra care to ensure that nothing comes in contact with the mantle. I'm at a loss to be honest.

Frogo

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
How are you fixing the mantles on? The vapalux ones need to be turned inside out at the bottom then attached and the top pulled up and attached again. This means the mantle shape balloons out at the bottom as shown here. I have had the same mantle on my lamp for about five years now. Could it be you have a bad batch?

Z

Last edited:

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Hi Zingmo.
I watched a clip on youtube, not sure if the guy turned them inside out. I just followed the instructions on the pack.
I have ordered a couple of new ones I will try your suggestions.

Thanks
Frogo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE