Used 22 rifle brass. LR or other. WANTED

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gjclayton

Forager
Sep 24, 2012
Bedfordshire
I have a small project on the go that may require used, empty .22 brass, LR or other.
Not sure about the legality of passing around brass, I assume it's fine without the relevant lead etc...

I have lots of leather off cuts, antler tines etc if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've got a fair few of what I think are 9mm brass cases; that's what they measure across the flat bottom - any good to you?

gjclayton

Forager
Sep 24, 2012
Bedfordshire
I've got a fair few of what I think are 9mm brass cases; that's what they measure across the flat bottom - any good to you?

Thanks Macaroon, you already offered the 9mm and I sent you a PM. Hope that works and is OK.

I do also want the 22 brass if possible. I think the size might work perfectly.
Georann, do you have any magnum?

I would need 8-10 really. Other sizes are great too.

Thanks for your replies.

GJC

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
No one in the UK really uses magnum as we don't have handguns! I can do 22 by the kilo and should be able to find some 223, maybe some 7.62 and a few others if I'm lucky. Will take a look in the scrap at the range on Sunday

gjclayton

Forager
Sep 24, 2012
Bedfordshire
No one in the UK really uses magnum as we don't have handguns! I can do 22 by the kilo and should be able to find some 223, maybe some 7.62 and a few others if I'm lucky. Will take a look in the scrap at the range on Sunday

Ah I see.
I think I would really only have use for the 22.

Let me know what you can get your hands on.

Thanks.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon

Plenty of people shoot centrefire pistol calibres in the UK, e.g. .357 magnum, either in rifles or revolvers. However, most people will reload so will keep the brass, the only stuff thrown away will be split cases.

You can often get 223 and 308 (well the military equivalent) as some primers make reloading very hard so the cases are thrown.

Plenty of rimfire cases about, 22LR or 22 WMR if you're lucky.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No one in the UK really uses magnum as we don't have handguns!....

Apart from the "fun" factor, why would you want a handgun in 22WMR anyway? It's a fairly useful rifle round though. That said, it's less popular here as well when compared to the 22LR.

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Apart from the "fun" factor, why would you want a handgun in 22WMR anyway? It's a fairly useful rifle round though. That said, it's less popular here as well when compared to the 22LR.

Yep, I assumed the OP meant magnum rimmy
If that's the case I can do you some .22lr .22wmr or .17hmr

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They are all good. I rarely shoot 38s now - full chat 357 is much nicer :)

I do fancy a 45/70 though

gjclayton

Forager
Sep 24, 2012
Bedfordshire
Yep, I assumed the OP meant magnum rimmy
If that's the case I can do you some .22lr .22wmr or .17hmr
Thanks sundog. Any of those would be great. Esp those with a longer length to them. All three might work and if you're willing to send them along. Pm me with your price for postage or what you wanna swap?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
No problem - I toss .22 rimfires I'm afraid - but I have a few cases of .22 centrefire (.223) if you find yourself needing bottleneck .22s. same neck size but bigger case.

do you not reload, BR? If not, I'd be interested in the 223 cases.

i have plenty of 22LR and 17HMR cases spare, the latter being a necked down 22WMR. Loving the HMR at the moment, great little rifle

gjclayton

Forager
Sep 24, 2012
Bedfordshire
I've got some coming at the moment so I think I might be ok for now. Thanks so much for all your offers. I wish I could get into 22 shooting. I lived in Canada for a while and itched for a 10-22...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE