Us.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Hi everyone.

I am just going to give you all some of my thoughts on the this community we have here.

Having recently joined the site, I am slowly making my way around the forums and what I have seen so far is wonderful. There is a lot of knowledge out there. If there is a question asked, someone will answer it! If advice is asked for, it is given, if someone can do a favour for someone else its done and I have even noticed some serious support being given in one of the forums and all this adds up to something special. A sort of bond.

This to me, is very rare and we should all remember that. I hope as this site grows that all of us early converts will maintain this high level of camaraderie and keep it going in the direction that Tony had envisage when he had the vision and courage start this site.

Disenaged sensitive mood!

Jack.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i've been hanging round various forums for a few years now. there're some where mud slinging and slagging off are routine. there're a few where i've seen great acts of generosity and real friendship develop. it sounds kind of wierd when you try to explain it to outsiders.

but i think you're right jack, this is shaping up to be one of the better ones.

cheers, and.

J

Jamie

One for the site and it's inhabitants:

:You_Rock_

Nuff said!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Viking you need to get out more! Load up that long ship and go rape and pillage for a bit - that'll make you feel better.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Dont you worry Gary I am coming to the summer. The winter is coming here and so is dark days, dont see much of the sun these days, so to find a little sun in my life i spend some time here =)

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Viking - I'll swap you your dry snowy winter for our wet grey one!

I'd love the chance to get out and play in the snow!

And lets not forget the schnapps or all those pretty blonde who look like Freya either!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Pour me a glass and does your Freija have a sister?

I'll over on the next ferry!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Thanks for the offer - I might just take you up on it one day!

Where in Sweden are you?

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Looks like a nice place.

Oddly enough I was hoping to visit either Sweden or Norway this coming summer and go on a canoe expedition. Looks like your Samaland might be the ideal place.

Thanks for the info.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
That is just what I was looking for. :-D

I can now spend all winter planning the trip - :lol: excellent.

Thanks Viking. And if I do come over next year I'll let you know if you want to come along that would be cool.

Gary.

Jon

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 28, 2003
England, half way down
Jack has got me thinking. This place does feel like family

I think a sense of belonging and of community is central to who a person believes themself to be. Society today seems more and more isolating, we all have more and more technology so we need other people less and less. I don't know about anyone else but I really could not name 10 of my neighbours. Thats not to say they are not decent people, I have just never met them and it is unlikely I ever will.

There are no rites of passage, nothing to say "you belong here", nothing to say "you are valued".

But here on a computer screen I feel there is a community that supports and encourages each other. Sometimes serious sometimes not. A family, a neighbourhood.

And that seems to be a rare and precious thing these days.

Jon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE