US Pilots Flask and other bits and pieces.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
After missing out on the chance to buy one of these nifty little flasks last year, I was on the lookout for a cheap one, as the one available on ebay usually had a very high shipping price or you had to buy multiples. So browsing through the forums one day I came across the mention of Wardens supply company, a US army surplus store who ships to the UK. Lo and behold on this site they had them for less than four dollars, and they state free shipping with other items. I popped two in my basket, along with a set of three P51 can openers for $2.98, and shipping came to a meagre $3.94. This was on the 18th, and they arrived today, brand new as described. For those of you who may be interested these flasks are HDPE, so no BPA and should be suitable for methylated spirits. They also fit quite nicely in the leg pocket of most combat/action trousers, and the chest and side pockets of my Endicott's Arktis smock.
Here is the link Pilots Flask :)

Last edited:

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
HDPE is High Density Poly Ethylene, a non leaching plastic, BPA is Bisphenol A, a chemical that is linked to certain types of cancer and birth defects.

HDPE

BPA

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Interesting.

So pilots need to use two hands to take a drink while flying?

Where is it kept in the cockpit or is it in the G suit?

Why is this better than a regular military water bottle?

At least with the regular bottle there is no chance of losing the cap and having to fumble under the pedals looking for it

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
It's about the convenience. These flasks are small and only hold a pint. I walk my dog 2.5 miles every day up a steep hill. In summer I get to the top and am thirsty. At the momet I take a 500ml Sigg but this will be more convenient that's all.

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
BOD, they are not special mate. They have a NATO stock number so are available to any service man / woman. The reason they are smaller is to do with the packing of the bottle in a survival vest. They are smaller to ensure cockpit integration for fast jet pilots, and to stand the G forces during ejection. Different nations have different versions. The Uk pack water into vests in sachets for example. Hope this helps.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
I have a question about the shipping because i was planning to buy stuff from this shop, so how does it work? you buy any two or more items from them and they give you free shipping to the UK?

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
There is a shipping estimator on the basket page, basically, if you buy one of these flasks or other items marked free shipping with other items with paid shipping, your only charged for one item. An example is I purchased three of these flasks, a pack of p38 can openers and some hanks of para cord, and the shipping came to $4 dollars or so, all have the free shipping with paid items legend on the discription page. If I add a canteen stove, which doesn't have the legend, the shipping goes up to $10, and then add two more flasks it is still $10.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Just bought a few pilots flask and other bits and was told they have more in stock. GB? :)

I have put up links to Wardens several times over the years, great guy to deal with. 10 flasks work out at $37 delivered so about £2.25 each if anyone wants to organise a GB.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks for the heads up on this site. I have just bought two bottles + two sewing kits + two hanks of paracord all for less than $14.00 delivered to my door.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE