Urbanite seeks bushy education...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Hey forum. I found this place a while back via my knifemaking hobby. From the bit of lurking I've done, this seems like a lovely supportive and very knowledgeable community, so I'd love to pitch in and learn while sharing what I can.

As per the thread title, I'm a bit of a townie where bushcraft knowledge is concerned. I'm hoping to pick up some of that good stuff though. Time is usually in short supply due to family and work but I do get enough 'bites' to read/watch the 'theory' even if I only get the odd practical session!

I think my best bet is to extend those weekend dog walks to include a stop & brew up, while I work on my poor tree & plant ID for starters. Hopefully that will help me boost my small stock of free natural materials to bring along my crafty stuff too.

Before this gets long and too boring, I'll be off to peruse threads and hopefully up my posts-count so I can later share photos of some of my efforts thus far.

Thanks for having me!
All the best,
Andy

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
He Andy
welcome!
Good idea to start with tree identification!
they will become good friends when known better

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm just having a good old browse around at the mo. Astonishing how much knowledge and inspiration is shared here.

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Hi and welcome. Now find and read the Fear of the Dark thread!

Haha. I read most of that while lurking a couple of years ago. I updated myself this morning to see any progress on jd's "stacioman' saga. Wow what an update last year!! Could it be the same copy that was nicked from the other persons boat? Defo someone on the forum playing funny beggers (if not jd and others doing a mass wind-up).

Anyone seen that movie 'unfriended'

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE