UQ Tri-Plate from UK Hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
From the description it just seems like it's a device for stopping the suspension slipping along your ridgeline - would a simple Prusik not do the same job?

Edit: looks like these are designed for use with a mosquito net, to spread the weight (see http://gear-report.com/camping-hammock-underquilt-suspension-triangle-adapters/) - look easy enough to make but they're not that expensive to buy either

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
They are designed to give more of a vertical lift to the UQ suspension to help with snugging issues.

If your underquilt snugs up well, then they are unnecessary. Any other benefits can be achived with prusiks, like Spandit says. They can also be made from cord cheaper, lighter and more compact.

Springheeljack1

Forager
May 12, 2011
Sheffield
I use one with my UKHammock hammock, it rests on the built in ridge line giving your Under quilt a lot of lift, also you can adjust the tension on your quilt lines without getting out of your hammock if your feeling a draft in the night, as they are just above instead behind your head.

With my set up I now use Lash-it for tarp suspension, ridge line ect so it ain't as easy to use a larchfoot as the Lash-it stuff is so thin. I have a DD as well but I wouldn't bother with it due to the way they hang.

As a note they very, very light and take up no space at all, useful with the right hammock.

Sent from my pie-phone, via Tip-top......…hmm Tip-top!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE