Up the swanni?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Two swandri ranger shirts for sale or swap.

1 x XL in blackwatch - never been worn £30 - sold

1 x L in forest/natural - One careful owner £25 - sold

Prices include postage. :-D

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
umatilla_30069.tmb.jpg

Although there seem to be others - http://images.google.com/images?q="...l=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
actually thats a closer match - the swanni is slightly darker mind. Its a good colour as you can wear it twon or country and not look out od place.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
now y'see you're doing this all wrong. you're supposed to sell it in such a way that i don't want it. :-?

cheers, and.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Gary, I know you've sold at least one of these, but maybe you can answer a question that's bugged me about swanni's - sizes! If it's not too personal, what's your chest measurement and which size was the better fit? Over/under other clothing?

I want to get one, but have never been anywhere I could try one on for size.

Glad of any advice.

Thanks,

Ted W

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Sorry Sargey - dont buy this one mate as it wont match your eyes!

Ted,
Sizes are a matter of taste, like most things but I personally like a slightly larger fit so i have the option of wearing it over the top of a couple of layers. But I also like it larger as this allows the top to trap a good layer of warm air.

My chest size is 42 (ish) so both the larger and Xlarge work for me.

In canada the temperture dropped down to minus 'alot', so cold it froze the hairs inside my nose, but i wore a merino wool t-shirt under a swanni ranger and this under my 'zip' fronted bushshirt and was pretty comfortable all the time - if I started to overheat I took off my hat and bushshirt until I cooled.

Swanndri now have introduced a new waterproof, breathable liner to the ranger and Mosgeil shirts and this can be worn next to the skin with no irritation. This means you could by a snug fit and wear it as a base layer too.

Although personally I'd recommend the standard ranger for general wear and the Mosgiel xtreme as a warm layer/waterproof layer etc.

Hope thats helped.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE