Unissued Royal Marine Wooden pulk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Does anyone want a unused RM wooden pulk? I'm about to put a load of military kit on eBay but if anyone here is interested ill consider a swap. I mentioned it before on the forum ( and some folk expressed interest but I'm afraid I deleted their pms, sorry)
and will do some photos if anyone is interested.

Its the sort they still make in Norway, wooden with metal runners and a white nylon top. It's unused but the nylon cover is a bit dirty from storage, should wash/wipe down fine.

What I'm after is a Wondermill Junior Deluxe hand mill in pretty much a new condition.

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/p...FQguGgodCVYAhg&ei=NqEyVquyDIjcaImsgbAI#online

Ive also got a unissued two piece snow suit, issue snow over boot things and a pair of issue snow shoes ( can't remember if they are unused or just very good condition) to go.

if anyone interested please drop us a line. Because of its length it would be a bit of a bugger to post so collection or delivery would have to arranged. We are in East Lancashire.

atb

tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
It's 50 inches long and 18 wide. And quite dusty, oops.

image.jpg1_zpsyazsftos.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsa4kk4f0p.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsmgmeuyjd.jpg

I should probably have put a dust cover over it, been stored inside since bought.

Tab

Tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thought I'd resurrect this thread as we all know, winter is coming. There's plenty of stuff on the net about making DIY poles or ropes for hauling it.

I'd want quite a big swap for it of course.

Anybody interested drop me a PM. I'm based in the Rossendale Valley, East Lancs but get over to West Yorkshire quite often and will be in North Notts this weekend. It's a bit big for posting, like.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Nope, I was as usual lazy and didn't really push them. When I get into the weaving shed I'll dig them out and see what the sizes where. The material if I remember was very thin nylon for the smock and trousers. If they had been the earlier cotton ones I'd be keeping them for the collection.

more later.

atb

tom

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Nope, I was as usual lazy and didn't really push them. When I get into the weaving shed I'll dig them out and see what the sizes where. The material if I remember was very thin nylon for the smock and trousers. If they had been the earlier cotton ones I'd be keeping them for the collection.

more later.

atb

tom

Ah, I should have read this before I p.med you, I wouldn't be interested in the nylon type, still interested in the over boots and snowshoes.

Edit wouldn't

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well, it's taken me several years but I've been getting rid of surplus kit on ebay the last few weeks and I've finally got around to putting the pulk up on ebay along with the other arctic warfare kit. Once the militaria is all gone I'm thinking of putting the spare wool blankets on. My Hermes has proved both cheap and reliable and the one failure to deliver was due to the buyer having a feud with his local delivery man! The only two, Thankfully low value parcels that never arrived were sent By royal mail.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/unissued...488587?hash=item340a806f0b:g:PtYAAOSwrbJc2aR8

if you want to see if it actually sells!

It's been very pleasant having some disposable income to blow, 'got a new 4 berth family tent and footprint as a easier to put up and much smaller to pack alternative to the Wild Country Citadel XL we've been using for the last few years. In my decrepitude I've also got heavy duty folding chairs to go in it.

My midlife crisis turned out to be a very mild.. I bought myself a Webley Mk VI .177 CO2 airpistol ( battlefield finish) some bits to go with and am having a 1914 pattern pistol case and ammunition pouch made for it.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE