Ultimate Survival Deluxe Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CM Burns

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2003
London
I have just bought one of the US Deluxe Kits kits after much pondering and thought it might be useful to post my initial thoughts as other members of the forum have expressed interest in them....

the case is excellent - one of my reasons for buying the kit - tough, water-resistant and with secure locking.

blast match - beware! this is much heavier and bulkier than i expected! the rod itself is very substantial - longer and more than twice the diameter of the firestick from Ray Mears. it works well producing excellent hot sparks but you need a solid surface on which to support it - otherwise it has to be used like standard firesticks (ie striking it with the back of a blade etc). Summary - its good but heavy and bulky and has no advantages over a standard firestick unless you are injured/can only use one hand.

chainsaw - superb! i have only tried it on 2x2 dry pine so far but it really tore through it. it's going to be fun to use this....

whistle - low profile for easy carry on laynard etc and exceptionally loud/shrill tone.

signal mirror - very high quality - if nothing else an excellent shaving mirror....

i paid £40 for the kit from ODS and consider this to be good value for money. i have seen this kit eslewhere for a lot more - i do not consider that it would be a decent buy above £50.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE