Two things

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
1. How do I use non BCUK smileys in threads, do I need web space to upload them to ? If I have got space how do I do it ?

2. How do I link a word to a web page rather than pasting the link itself ?

:werd:

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
1. How do I use non BCUK smileys in threads, do I need web space to upload them to ? If I have got space how do I do it ?
upload the smiley to a picture hosting page like photobucket, and paste in the same way as you do for a picture

2. How do I link a word to a web page rather pasting the link itself ?

:werd:
when you use the insert link icon (a globe with a chain link below it) you get a box that you type/paste your link into. when you hit 'OK' the link appears in the message text, but half of it is highlighted - this is what is visible on the message - overwrite it with the word / phrase you want to use ;)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wot he said.
7325.gif

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
For smilies I just copy and paste the url directly into the reply (or o.p). On occasion I may need to add
(after) to the url - I didn't know that folk uploaded smilies to image hosts
t3613.gif

It turns this:

m0325.gif

Into this:

m0323.gif

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
8823.gif

Right click the picture and copy image location.

Then in the advanced posting window click the little picture icon, square with mountains, and paste the location into the dialogue box.

i aint got that little picture icon with the mountains, i got it on other forums but not here

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have you got all the smillies and text tools etc though ST ?

If not you need to change your editor to standard or enhanced

User CP
Edit Options
Down to the bottom, Miscellaneous Options

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE