Two Leather patches.... with thanks to Tony..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Hi all,

These are two patches I've made for my zippo canvas bag recently. both are 2.5mm vegtan leather.
The first is a simple knotwork tree design that we all recognise, carved but no stamping/tooling, I wanted to keep it simple, dyed green and chestnut brown, stiched with waxed brown thread. It has ince been caught in a blizzard which i think has given it a kind of worn look.
DSCF0791.jpg
The second one is a bit different. Due to circumstances that don't need to be discussed on the forum, I wanted a BCUK badge with no writing on it, just the logo, so that I could still fly the colours of a forum that has become a big influence in my life.

After explaining the situation to Tony, he kindly gave me permission to use the copywrited logo to make myself a one-off leather patch. So here it is.
DSCF0792.jpg
While not up to the standards of some of the makers on here, I like to think I did it justice.

And both together
DSCF0793.jpg

All feedback appreciated,

Thanks for looking,

Stephen

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
Brilliant, far better than I could hope to manage. I really do love filtering through the DIY & Traditional Crafts section of this forum as there is a heck of a lot of talent on show. Inspiring stuff. :D

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Thanks guys.

i'm nearly finished a (semi) matching knotwork tree one for my leather duffel bag project. (Pics to follow soon)

Mr. Fenna, I couldn't agree more! althouhgt I got the idea of replacing the zippo one from your review and comments! this one was jsut stiched dirrectly over it though, as i was terrifyed to go at a new bag with a stitch remover!

Very nice!
Much better than the Zippo badge :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE