Turbo Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I really really want to make one of these stoves,
But the idea of using batteries or in this case a hair dryer, just appalls me. I'd think about a clockwork driven fan or even a means of funneling a natural breeze to get the better burn that a fan assisted stove produces.
I guess I'll have to wait until I get a blinding flash of inspiration.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
But the idea of using batteries or in this case a hair dryer, just appalls me. I'd think about a clockwork driven fan or even a means of funneling a natural breeze to get the better burn that a fan assisted stove produces.

ATB

Ogri the trog

I don't have the tools to do it but would like to see a stirling engine designed to pass air over it's own cooling fins and also into the firebox.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I don't have the tools to do it but would like to see a stirling engine designed to pass air over it's own cooling fins and also into the firebox.

A possibility,
though I don't know how robust it would be in a rucksack.
If I had the funding, something along the lines of an Eco Fan might work - the only moving parts drive the fan from electricity generated via heat differential. So when the stove gets hot - it works and when it burns out - it stops. Quite expensive though.

Ogri the trog

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales

ATB

Ogri the trog

If you follow the wiki link at the bottom it describes a attempt at a convection turbo stove

http://nerdipedia.com/tiki-index.php?page=Turbo+Stove

Interested to hear from his latest project, using a stainless double wall mug

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
mini hand crank linked to a small fan through a gearing system, perhaps with a small flywheel?
Or going electrically how about a little hand generator, something like from the clansman radios and a small battery.
AA batteries just seem wrong for a stove

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE