True tinder fungus fire set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Up for swaps, my True Tinder Fungus fire set, complete with flint and steel. Comes in a tobacco tin with some homemade fire discs, which are cotton wool swabs impregnated with wax and paraffin. These things are waterproof and will take a dull spark if you tease the edge into fluff.

I would like to trade for a green or brown solo tarp, like the DD solo. Cheers.

Fire set https://imgur.com/gallery/BngwhAP

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Update. No need for a tarp anymore. But this is still up for trade. A seasoned true tinder fungus, known as birch conk or chaga. It's an air dried solid block sat in a tobacco tin. Scrape a bit up with your knife into a fluff ball and use the flint and steel to drop a spark onto it. This stuff is leagues above Horses Hoof Fungus. A coal will burn hot and long. It will take a spark without scraping as well but that's darn tricky to transfer to a tinder bundle as well as put out!

But now I don't know what I need. If you have something for trade let me know. I like bushcraft stuff and lightweight stuff.....

7c88f4d53e0f22a7683ba7b187f59568.jpg

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
No takers? Off to the gift it on thread then!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE