Tru Oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It'll work fine, but it's not too different to Danish oil or boiled Linseed. Rub very sparingly into the wood, leave for a week, light rub with 00 grade wire wool, reapply. Do this 6 or more times to get a good finish. Don't allow the wood to look wet, wipe it down.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have used a lot of tru-oil finishes and on none food utensil applications I find it far better than linseed oils.

It has a much cleaner finish and doesn't darken the wood as much as other oils. Due to the additives it dries much faster and with a harder more varnish like finish.

I have used it on yew, osage, ash, cherry, elm and others I am likely forgetting. Apply sparingly with finger tip in a dust free environment. Drying time between coats in the summer can be hours. Winter can be days, basically when no longer tacky. Indoors is better but beware the fumes. Also any rags you use can be very combustible. One other tip, store the bottle upside down and it won't go off in the bottle as quick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE