Tripod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Hi all

Are there any budding metal workers out there who have made tripods for suspending stuff over fires?

More for the group gathering type application. Something funky with a shortening mechanism on the chain.

When I came across one in the past for sale, it was the last they had and I didn't need one then :wink:

All info appreciated.

Rob

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The chances are that you could go and get one made for about £15-20. Just take some drawings into a metal worker/engineers and they should be able to sort it out for you. Gary will probably know more about sizes etc

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I made one with 3 steel rods, just interlock the ends by bending rings. Then use a length of chain and a couple of hooks as a pot hanger. I got everything from B&G so materials are easily available. :-D

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
it might be worth checking yellow pages or similar for blacksmiths, anyone who does wrought ironwork should have no problem at all.

cheers, and.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
The one I use and the ones woodlore and woodsmoke use all come from Moselkattan (or however they spell it)

Check them out.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Your welcome and if it turns out ok let me know I could use a second one too.

In fact your smithy might be able to do a roaring trade on here!

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Saw an advert in a mail order catalogue for a fancy tripod barbecue. Cost £100 plus ! That started me thinking about these. For the tripod, the hard aluminium tube used to fix your household aerial on could be good. Strong, no rust etc. Three 5-6 foot lengths at £8 each (ish) from B&Q.
Cheers, Alick

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Got a friend called Smithy funnily enough, who makes Tripods and kettle irons, trivets etc whatever you want really. Problem is he lives in a Gypsy caravan with his partner and son and was last seen in the west country...
I'll try and get a mobile number. These are the real McCoy, none of yer Swedish import stuff ! Made by a man who cooks everyday on an open fire.
Cheers
Rich

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Is the link for Bear claw bushcraft correct?
All I keep getting is an error message when I click on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE