Track and sign gallery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Do we have one that I've missed?

Was thinking that a photo gallery of positively identified track and sign would be good resource for members.

Tom.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I like it trackers so just for the library.
Badger.

Badger gate ?.

Red Squirrel.

Red squirrel bounding.

Rabbit.

Rabbit scrape.

Pheasant.

Otter,Heron and Pheasant.

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
For some reason I missed this thread, sorry about that, I think it's a great idea in principle, it would be good to get more content before opening gallery for it though...Umm, I wonder if we could set up an article and have that contain the content... I'll have a think.

While i'm doing that feel free to put pics and links into the thread. I might move this to the tracking forum as well.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
This is something I did on another website about badgers.

Here's a nice print to start with.
11052011405.jpg

A typical sett entrance, even a bit of rabbit droppings at the front too!
Note the spoil heap and the bedding. Badgers regularly clean out and gather fresh bedding.
01062011475.jpg

Latrine - consistency and colour of scat can vary according to diet. Mainly quite near to a sett but are also used to mark territory too.
19022011072.jpg

No, not another sett entrance.
11052011378.jpg

Brock has dug up a bees nest for a feast.
11052011379.jpg

Some more scat containing rabbit fur (I think). This wasn't in a latrine and there were lumps of this everywhere.
11052011408.jpg

Badger trail through the ramsons. I especially like this because it's a perfect crossroads - no human interference at all.
18032011202.jpg

Scratching log that's been well used. This would be an ideal place to hide nearby and try to spot them.
19032011216.jpg

Another feast. This time it's a wasp nest that's been dug up.
DSC00919.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Perhaps a sub forum so each thread could be a animal? would that add to much work? just go a replacement for my water proof camera so hope to be contributing soon Too, Lots to learn!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
It would be a nice challenge to fill all the species over time - like a more interesting form of trainspotting!
Possibly including prints/partial prints on different substrates that aren't perfect, because 99% of the time that's what you find.

just go a replacement for my water proof camera so hope to be contributing soon Too, Lots to learn!
Did your last one catch fire?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It was squaddie proof(me) it was not Raf responsible Sgt proof(wife), dropped it from the top of a iso container while tacking pics of penguins in the Falklands, I was not a happy bunny, yet my tracks were still that of a hobbit? strange?

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Hmmmmm, it's not working too well so far - two threads are up in the Tracking section already with only one other contributor.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE