Titan smock help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Hi I am looking to buy one of the Titan ultra heavy weight smocks but the colours are not very bushy only red and blue. My question is has anyone tried this smock and have you dyed it a different colour?
Thanks Mark.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I don't think the blue would stand out in a shady wood but as its cotton, can't see why it wouldn't dye OK

Great looking/value garment:

http://www.titanproducts.co.uk/new-titan--ultra-heavyweight-hooded-cotton-fishing-smock-153-p.asp

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
The blue is ok and fades in a nice way but I was thinking the red could but turned brown without too much trouble? I have never dyed anything and need some advice.

Thanks Mark.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
You could try colour stripping it first though how good that will beat removing an industrial dye I can't say. Then use two packs of a dark brown to cover. You can't o lighter, you have to always go darker.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got a blue one six or eight weeks ago, super value for money. They do make green jackets in other styles if you look at their site.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've also got the blue one and apart from their logo it doesn't stand out much. As they made the old one in green and black has anyone asked them why they don't make the new style smock in green or if they have plans to do so?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Well, on the strength of this, I've just ordered a red one. Might dye it but might just leave it as it is as I do have plenty of woodland friendly clothes already :D

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Mine arrived today - it's vast! Seems pretty good, though. I've emailed them to ask if they'll make them in OG or brown if anyone else is interested?

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Could anyone tell me how long these smocks are in a size large? Wondering whether they are waist level or longer like the the Swedish snow smocks?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE