Tim Conway dead

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't remember him, but sad news.

Well, it’s always sad, but second RIP thread in two days for Americans we’ve never heard of, on a UK Bushcraft forum?

Googling both turned up someone I’m sure I’ve neither seen nor heard of. Was Tim Conway an outdoorsman type?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Well, it’s always sad, but second RIP thread in two days for Americans we’ve never heard of, on a UK Bushcraft forum?.......
Third in a week, not second:
1) Doris Day
2) Jim Fowler
3) Tim Conway

No Tim wasn’t an outdoorsman, although Jim Fowler certainly was.Tim was just a comedian that most baby boomers will remember well. Form several tv series to his many movies. From back when comedians were actually funny and depended on humor rather than vulgar themes.

And no, two of them have little to do with bushcraft as such. That’s why the threads are in “Other Chatter” sublocated under “Off Topic.” Just a matter of general interest among some of us of a certain age group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
When I read that D. Day had passed away, I was surprised as I thought she did that decades ago.

Her movies were maybe not groundbreaking, but they were 'nice'.

RIP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE