The wonderful BellTent! (A few large Photos)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reddo

Tenderfoot
HI!

Now I'm pretty sure we have some camping fans here? - Well I thought I would share our recent investment with you guys and see what you thought of our BellTent. Would be interesting to see if we have any other belltent owners here too!

This is by far the best investment me and my partner Luke have made, these tents are brilliant! Fully water and weather proof canvas - We've had this beauty out in horrific lightening storms and incredibly heavey rain and it stood strong throughout! Ours is the Ultamite 5 metre, which means thats it has a removeable ground sheet and the sides roll up. This is also great for the summer - roll the sides up and u basically have a floating canvas/shadey area.

It is supported buy a single centre pole and a door frame, it takes us ten minutes to put up and the same to take it down, it packs away nicely and as you will see you can also get wood burners to fit inside. This keeps the tent very warm throughout the night and because its risen off the ground its very safe!

Sure they look impressive from the outside, but the amount of space inside is incredible! We have 2 large dogs ( a rottweiler cross and large german shep), a 4 year old daughter and us - and we fit in there no problem! With room to spare, double air bed, single air bed fire burner ect the dogs have a bed each in there too.

We still haven't got it completly set up yet but with the coir matting you can get and the odd sheep skin rug (even without these things) this is a beautiful space to stay.We use this tent ALOT and it never fails to impress us.

belltent.jpg

This is a photo from outside - set up in the woods in Chard - as you can see the dogs love coming camping with us and both of them and my daughter love our home away from home!

562574_284823101593268_1380217530_n.jpg

Here you can see our incredibly basic set up (weve added to it since) double air bed, the wood burner - the two dogs beds

525650_284823188259926_2002155349_n.jpg

Zeus looking rather comfortable on his bed, in this one you can also see Kiara on her single bed - LOADS OF ROOM! :D

tent.jpg

And heres the tent with the sides rolled up - obviously the ground sheet can be just slid out from underneath - also makes it easier for cleaning or brushing the dog hairs off! :D

Well there you go! Hope this inspires some people to join the belltenters!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I was briefly in Cliff's (Twodogs!) tent at Rough Close last week and it was very impressive. "Home from home" I called it. The thing I really like about these thigns is that you can stand up in them. Of course they're a bit big for packing on my motor-bike... :)

Last edited:

Reddo

Tenderfoot
I was briefly in Cliff's (Twodogs!) tent at Rough Close last week and it was very impressive. "Home from home" I called it. The thing I really like about these thigns is that you can stand up in them. Of course they're a bit bog for packing on my motor-bike... :)

Yea we originally were looking for something to take on a motor bike - but ur right i think the weight of the tent itself would be too much let alone the size :) I love the fact you can stand in them also - it really makes a difference!

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
That looks like a good setup.

I have a 4m bell tent and I'm hoping to take my 18 month old daughter on her first camping trip soon. Sleeping under canvas definitely feels better than a synthetic tent.

I've yet to get a stove but I'm hoping to invest in one by the end of the year.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Reddo, every member here is a camper, whether you build a shelter or use a tent...still camping :) Bell tents are great, I'm hummed and arrd over the years but never taken the plunge, lovely shelters and a few here use them.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
My brother and I have just invested in the very same 5 meter bell tent! :)
Still yet to use it as we have only had if a week or so but i canne wait.
I have spent a few nights in a friends 4 meter tent and it was a lovely place to be in. Besides the ample room, the feeling of the thing is just great, loads of light and it actualy breathes so you dont wake up feeling like you spend the night in a plastic bag.
Weighs about the same as a corpse and takes up about as much room in the boot but well worth it.

Reddo

Tenderfoot
My brother and I have just invested in the very same 5 meter bell tent! :)
Still yet to use it as we have only had if a week or so but i canne wait.
I have spent a few nights in a friends 4 meter tent and it was a lovely place to be in. Besides the ample room, the feeling of the thing is just great, loads of light and it actualy breathes so you dont wake up feeling like you spend the night in a plastic bag.
Weighs about the same as a corpse and takes up about as much room in the boot but well worth it.

Haha you are right they are heavy! We bought a trailer just for the bell tent and all the gear so we could camp out comfortably for long periods

Reddo

Tenderfoot
We use them onsite, the 5M ones are great, you can fit loads in them. We have about 10 of them, and when they are all up it looks like a village

Yea they do look great in a group - my partners parents also purchased one after they saw ours, there going to use theirs to tour around France in - we all got together a few weekends ago - set up the tents in a circle with a fire ect - pure brilliance!

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
They're great aren't they? We've the 4m in the next model "down" the deluxe. Ours gets cosy with 5 plus dog, but we got it for a good price so I think it's ace. No stove yet though, but I'm looking at the same as yours.

Reddo

Tenderfoot
They're great aren't they? We've the 4m in the next model "down" the deluxe. Ours gets cosy with 5 plus dog, but we got it for a good price so I think it's ace. No stove yet though, but I'm looking at the same as yours.

The stove we have it great for storage, the flu comes apart and fits inside the stove itself, the legs fold up and theres a little carry handle on the side - like a little carry case, works great and kicks out some good heat- Weve found it great for cooking on also!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They are quite pricey but well worth the money! :)

Its not the cost, for a family they are a value for money option compared to the cost of better 'family' tents, its where to dry it; I've not enough space to hang a wet heavy canvas tent indoors :( If I had space I'd go for the 5m model in a flash. Can't see the wife letting me hang one off the beams in the lounge:swordfigh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE