The Smoke of Creation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Smoke-of-Creation.jpg

I took a couple of days out on the Llyn Peninsula this week and though the lighting conditions in the day were not too inspiring I did get this night shot that was a bit better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Stunning!
What is that rock thing in the middle?

It's an old watch post. A circular enclosure with an entrance on the landward side.

It's in a place called Carreg, which basically means "Stone" but in this case it refers to an important seam of Jasper running through the hill it's sitting on.

Reminded me a bit of a chimney pot...

Last edited:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Yeah, me to, so I had to ask before my imgination made mental images of trolls in underground houses ;-)

Beautiful capture that leaves a lot to the imagination.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wonderful image. :cool:

You see, that's the difference between a photographer and people like me. Orders of magnitude better than mine.

I'm reminded of the old Arnold Palmer quote but my version would be, "The more I try, the luckier I get..."

Ansel Adams once said "A good photograph is knowing where to stand." and that just comes with practice. All the rest is about letting the technology do it's job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE