The "Red Hunters Axe" by Cegga - first production run

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay one and all - I've just received word from Cegga. The first 10 are finished

For anyone who hasn't seen these axes, they are a new design - with me doing the easy bit (dreaming what I wanted) and Cegga doing all the hard work of making it.

The haft is a perfect 40cm in length.

Total weight is 650g and the bit is 7.5cm across.

Have a look

373541014_53cb3b0ab0.jpg

373541022_8210c7e532.jpg

373541017_045301ae25.jpg

373541019_8b19e031db.jpg

The axe is a light and very portable model - much smaller than a GB small forest or Wetterling large hunter making very portable but still, in my view, large enough for some serious work which I found my mini axe to struggle with.

I must credit the exponents of light, polished head (notably Old Jimbo) for informing the design choices - it really does make a difference.

Cegga is going to do an introductory price for these, the first 10

There are conditions of sale though (nothing too onerous)

Condition 1.
If you get a customs charge or import duty, you will need to sort that out yourself (I didn't but you might)

Condition 2.
Cegga has done the first buy to "raise his profile" as a custom axe maker. It is implicit in the deal that the first 10 purchasers publish their thoughts on the axe when received. There is no implication that this review should be anything other than honest but some customer feedback would be really appreciated.

Condition 3
This is a PayPal sale - there is no other way this can work due to currencies involved etc. You will need to include your BCUK screen name, real name and shipping address with the payment

If the design is faulty - blame me
Fit, finish, grind, temper, forging standards - blame Cegga ;) (mine is flawless)

Okay so the price for the first 10 including the axe, mask, shipping and paypal.

£40 to your door.

The first 10 people to post as replies to this thread get them. I'll PM the PayPal details to the lucky 10 winners so please make sure you have PM space available.

Please don't worry if they go quickly, Cegga can make more, however he is one man and for simplicity and sanity, its easier only to put up for sale whats ready to ship, so I can pop them on here as they are available

Best of luck all

Red

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
I'd love one, can't promise a informative view as I'm not toosavvy with axex , feel free to elimiate me from the list if you feel that is important

Jun 18, 2006
Exmoor
Hi Red
Please include me for one axe
Many thanks
Sprite
Can't say I'm an expert axe woman, this'll be my first proper axe too - my other one came from a car boot sale - but hey it'll give you both a girlie review!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No probs

Butchd
Joff
Glen
Sprite
schwuk
Dougster

6 gone - 4 left

PMs sent wiith PayPal details to these 6 - please let me know when its been sent so I can mark the thread

Red

Joseph

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2006
Norfolk
I shouldn't really but a very well made axe would be a good addition to the one i've hung myself and the touched up mini vaughn. Many thanks for organising this, 1 please. Joe.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Butchd
Joff
Glen
Sprite
schwuk
Dougster
Joseph
Mayfly
Gailainne

Just 1 left...who wants it?

Red

barry

Dec 24, 2004
dingwall
il take the last one if i may thanks keep us posted :You_Rock_
to late eh tough luck hope everyone is happy with the first batch congrats

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Butchd
Joff
Glen
Sprite
schwuk
Dougster
Joseph
Mayfly
Gailainne
Jon Pickett

All sold in 57 minutes!

Thanks guys - PMs on the way.

For those who missed out - I'll ask Cegga to fire the forge up again!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE