The parents who banned their daughters from watching TV for a YEAR..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Genius!

When it comes up in conversion that I do not have sky tv, broadband or consoles they ask me what I do? And I tell them I send time with my girlfriend talking and playing cards, go for walks together (amongst other thing :D) and learn the guitar, go to see family.

My son (3.5) plays with toys and plays outside and doesn't sit watching tv all day.

People are shock or amused by this.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
But they do still watch television just not so much which would make a much duller headline.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
National trust have done a similar list, though with a longer timescale.

Banning TV sounds a good idea but what about dark wet winter evenings? My lad likes playing board games, lego and stuff, but watching the news, wildlife doccos and Duck Dynasty is compulsory in our house.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
puts me to shame. Must have rented or borrowed alot of kit, there's a good few quids worth used.

Thanks for that.

Even transport costs would add up to a fair proportion of the £500. We took a bus from Lancaster to Ambleside the other week and it cost best part of £30.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I didn't quite have the same budget or plan other than with my partner being a teacher, she got the 6 week holiday off back in the summer, and i decided we would do something very similar without a 100 target.

So, we had 6 weeks of all outdoor activities, not quite up to their list, but had an amazing time and we all benefited from the experience, i posted a thread on here , i think it was titled Our Summer, it was brilliant.

In all honesty with everything included it cost me £600.00.

But money well spent, memories and photographic evidence forever.

Ivan..

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
... then set them a HUNDRED outdoor challenges instead​

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...--set-HUNDRED-outdoor-challenges-instead.html

What a great thing to do with your kids, too many these days spend far to long in front of either the tv or computer,
just thought that this would be great to share on the forum.

These days? , I have been doing that since early 90's :D

...However I really wish I had more of a outdoor life back then as well. Hell I wish I had more of a outdoor life last year.

Kong

Forager
Aug 2, 2013
Somerset
I'm amazed the idea sounds so outlandish that they print a story about it because I don't think would make the news 30 years ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE