The inevitable return of the great clueless one.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hi,
I've been a member since 2009 but in the last few years life has just generally ambled along in some other directions, i took up a lot of cycling and work commitments, i couldn't get out as much etc etc.
i could make excuses but i'd rather just jump back in.

My names Pete and i'm a bushcraft addict.

some of the... i want to say older but i'm going to say more regular members so toddy, big red and tony etc don't lynch me, some will remember me but for those that have no clue i'm a father of 2 rapidly sprouting boys who in the last year took up scouting, and this year i finally committed and I'm soon to be invested as an assistant leader (crivvens!) Swmbo is also being invested and looking after our youngest and the beavers.

i've been itching to get out for ages and i really need to re-learn some skills, but i'm looking forward to learning and teaching what i know to the cubs and scouts i'll be out with.

I did return for a bit when i saw about drew, in reflection i think because i had never met him in person makes my world just a tiny bit smaller, just from speaking to him on this wonderful friendly forum i had immense respect for him and i know how much he'll be missed not just by me but by everyone, i hope his next life is as full of as many good friends as he found in this one.

Anyways, hello :D
Pete

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello stranger :D
Good to hear the family's thriving :).....I'm sure your seat's still free at the fireside :D

cheers,
Toddy

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
WELCOME BACK!!!!!
Was wondering the only day where you were and what you were doing.....

you've missed out on a few brew turns so stick kettle on.
tea white n two for me please.

nice t see you back mate.
Sam

Hi sam! good to see your about m8, and modded too (Does the mod side have cookies?)
I'll make the brews but i can't touch em m8, i am officially sans caffeine, sugar substitute, citrus, chocolate, red wine, raisins, nuts, sulphites and many other tasty foods, migraines suck.

Hello! Good luck with your scouting, you're hooked now!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Most definitely hooked! i'm the only male adult leader our group is oddly all female leaders until you hit scouts when it's the other way. we have a few young leaders working for their belts though so i'm not entirely outnumbered!

to everyone, it is great to be back, just busy getting stuck in and thanks for the welcomes :D

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
Most definitely hooked! i'm the only male adult leader our group is oddly all female leaders until you hit scouts when it's the other way. we have a few young leaders working for their belts though so i'm not entirely outnumbered!

That can tend to be the way, we have no adult female leaders in my Scout section but in Cubs we only have one male and the rest female. My wife also followed me into Scouting and is a Beaver Leader, this way she gets to see me at weekends ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE