The grey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It always saddens me to see wolves portrayed like that. Looks like it's worth a watch, but it won't help peoples view of wolves as they leave the theatre.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Oh great. There goes any chance of reastiblishing wolves in former parts of their range (assuming it would be appropriate to do it). Another setback to conservation in the name of entertainment.:(

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Oh great. There goes any chance of reastiblishing wolves in former parts of their range (assuming it would be appropriate to do it). Another setback to conservation in the name of entertainment.:(

Rest assured, wolf introduction or protection is based on more solid arguments than a hollywood movie.;)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
apart from the wolf theme anything liam neilson is in will make it a good movie and remember no animals were hurt in the making of this film its only MAKE BELIEVE regards dave :lmao:

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
It always saddens me to see wolves portrayed like that. Looks like it's worth a watch, but it won't help peoples view of wolves as they leave the theatre.

For a true story about a predatory wolf you should see the "man eating Wolves of Gysinge" which is about an incident in Sweden in the 1820's when a wolf killed several children in the village of Gysinge. The irony of the story is that the wolf was so dangerous not because it was wild, but because it had been raised as a pet and then let loose, so had no fear of man. Personally I'd sooner face a wolf than some of these pit bulls and mastiffs that seem so popular these days.
[h=1][/h]

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
lol i bet you had a field day with Snakes On A Plane ??

Turned off half way through.

A class snake movie is the 1981 film Venom.

[video=youtube;FbK2grRKKWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbK2grRKKWU&feature=re lated[/video]

Amazingly they used real mambas making it.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have heard many scary stories about wolves from Eastern Europe.

Like lions, they seem to be rather whitewashed these days

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
That's one way to demonise wolves.
I don't see that as being natural behaviour.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer. Peter Benchley the author of Jaws spent most of the rest of his life trying to debunk the notion of the 'killer shark'

Bill Mason's 'Cry of The Wild' is an excellent documentary on Wolves:

http://www.nfb.ca/film/cry_of_the_wild

This feature-length documentary from Bill Mason imparts his affection for the big northern timber wolves and the pure-white Arctic wolves. Filmed over three years in the Northwest Territories, British Columbia, the High Arctic and his home near the Gatineau Hills in Quebec, Mason sets out to dispel the myth of the bloodthirsty wolf. Going beyond the wolf's natural habitat, Mason relocated three young wolves to his own property and was able to film tribal customs, mating and birth. As a result, Cry of the Wild offers viewers access to moments in wildlife never before seen on film.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE